For Indian People
Here s what the package slot price INCLUSIONS :
- All travel to and from NEW DELHI ( airport to airport) , all transfers , all train tickets , local transportation if required all meals on the entire trip
- Unlimited bottled water
- Professinal, passionate and English speaking fishing guide for all days
- All critical crew is English speaking one .
- Fishing gilly
- All bait fish included
- Unlimited soft drinks
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- 2 man bivvy for night sessions
- Rueben Heaton weighing scales
- Landing net and landing mat
- Deeper sonar for use
- Water raft on location
- All accommodation
- All fishing permits
- All fishing licenses and government approvals
- All India taxes
- All supervision under our guidance and expertise as soon as you land in India, till you take your return flight home .
- International currency exchange at the camp ( USD to INR )
- International currency also accepted ( USD ) , no need to exchange any currency at airports.
- Wireless network in limited range ( WI Fi )
Fishing tackle and gear recommendations
Himalayan regulations and conditions llist ( things to carry )
- Personal fishing gear and tackle ( angler has to carry his own )
- Lures ( option available to buy with us from our recommendations )
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities and Tips to staff
- Flights on International routes
- Insurance on travel
- Currency conversion costs ( to be borne by the angler/ guest ), in case of bespoke itinerary.
- In case you need to curate bespoke itinerary, above 10 days, or you need to come and film in Himalayas, do write in to us on :
- BOOKING CALENDAR 📅
HIMALAYAN GOLDEN MAHSEER
- BOOKING CALENDAR 📅
GOONCH – GIANT DEVIL CATFISH
Few Camp Etiquette
- As the property lies in a forest area , we do not solicit post at 21 00 hrs and before 8 00 hrs . As many roads leading to the property may have reserve forest barriers to cross .
- Please carry the minimum of valuables , as the tents do not have a lock-in key.Fishing is allowed only in the presence of a fishing guide or a fishing girl under camp supervision . Fishing also requires fishing permits, which we should be happy to get for you .
- The camp is based on eco concepts, so we do not have a generator , and power cuts are frequent . Please do note outside food , alcohol, eatables , and beverages are not allowed on the camp premises .
- Also, there are army and SSB posts prior to the property. They may ask for a normal check-up of your vehicle and details. Please co-operate with them as it’s an international border routine. So do avoid keeping any alcohol in your car .
- We support the local economy, so we source the alcohol at a nominal increment , from the local wine shops , of course, with limited choice , and an advance notice will be appreciated.
- All the furniture at the property is made by local artisans and all the camp has been built using local services in and around Pancheshwar.
- All staff are from Uttarakhand state only. If you like their services, we would request you to tip the staff generously , as they get limited opportunities in remote areas, and the entire business at Pancheshwar is nature-bound and limited to only 6 months of the year. This helps the youth economy not to move out of the state looking for employment.
- The camp remains closed in the monsoon , so the entire structure is dismantled and re-built as the monsoon retreats. The dates of camp closure due to the monsoon are from July 1 to September 20 . The camp opens for guests on October 1 . It remains closed for about 90 days.
- Do note the nearest market is 38 kms from the camp, so almost all our supplies come from a distance . A physician is available within 3 kms of the property .Pancheshwar is a small village town with only 100 families .
- Music needs to be played only with your personal headphones.
- The property is on an international border , so please do not carry any satellite phones or drones for photography.
- Only cell phone photography is allowed.
- Housekeeping ( linen is changed every 3 days )
- Laundry service is limited.
- Ensuite wash rooms , with hand shower and regular temperature water.
- Warm water will be provided in buckets as per request.
- Wifi is available in a limited area.
- Fishing is a only and strictly CATCH AND RELEASE sport .
- The Himalayan Golden Mahseer is an endangered species currently falling into Schedule 1 of wildlife in 1972 .
What are the Activities at the Camp
- angling or fishing take lessons in the angling sport.
- white water rafting , 5 kms or longer
- breakfast at the river confluence
- mild walking trails
- private beach
- indoor / board games
- cross the Nepal border
- Beach volleyball
- target boards
- visit JUDAH pool
- Drive to Mayawati ashram
- Baleshwar ancient temple complex
- village walks
- Pancheshwar ancient temple across the bridge
- Ancient fort Visit
- Yoga by the river
- river crossing
How big is the tent ?
It has a living area of 12′ x 10′ En suite,
Washroom , area of 12′ × 6′
Sit out area of 12’x 5′
About 300 sq feet of usable area per tent
What s a good time to visit ? Can I visit your camp , even if I do not know angling / fishing ?
Yes of course, September onwards to March is good , we will be happy to share our fishing knowledge, or you can just chill at the marvelous location, and involve in other activities.
April May and June are warmer months , but good for fishing.
July , August and September we are closed for monsoon rains.
Can I carry food from outside ?
What are the check in and check out timings ?
Check in 13 00 hrs
Check out 10 00 hrs
Is the property senior citizen friendly ?
Can I learn fishing ?
What about the fishing equipment? Do I have to buy a new one for learning ?
What are the cancellation policies ?
72 hrs or less: 50 % refund or shift of date voucher.
More than 72 hours: entire refund or shift of date voucher.
Is there a la carte option availabile ?
Who should visit ?
Can I get a bonfire ?
Is it an all Vegetarian affair ? Do you serve jain food ?
How do I book ?
Booking can be done on our website, with 100 % of booking amount .
Are pets allowed ?
What networks are available at the camp ?
How do I arrive from Mumbai or Bangalore?
Starting at 8499 ( double occupancy)
per night on twin sharing , all meals and taxes included.
Starting at 6999 ( single occupancy)
Per night , all meals and taxes included.
Extra bed : 2999 ( all meals)
Child age : 4 to 11 years , above 12 years is considered as a full pax .
How do the camps look ?
Total Area of the camp: 10000 sq feet.
Total number of units: 4 ( en suite washrooms)
3 classic tents
Whats the cuisine on offer ?
We have a gazebo for dining activities, no main meals are allowed inside the tents. We have indian, kumaoni, continental, oriental ( all in limited menu and as per available fresh local produce).
What are the meal timings ?
Breakfast at 8 00 hrs
Lunch at 13 00 hrs
High tea at 17 00 hrs
Dinner at 20 00 hrs.
Is the property senior children friendly ?
Can I swim ?
In case I catch a fish , can I eat it for meals ?
No , we practice only catch and release sport, also the mahseer is an endangered species, protected under schedule 1 of wild life act , 1972 .
Do you have a generator?
Do we require to give advance notice for fishing , water rafting activities , and birding ?
Is the alcoholic beverages available ?
Can I get a barbeque ?
How far is Pancheshwar ?
Can we play loud music ?
Can I come there , just for a day ?
Do you have a free wifi ?
Do you accept cards , upi ?
We can accept UPI over a merchant scan code . Cards don’t work , as internet is Intermittent.